Thursday, January 19, 2012

Land of Strangers




In a land of strangers, I exist,
Lonely, miserable, unwanted and invisible.
In the bright light, I sit in dark silence
Unseen and unnoticed.
My heart is drowning in a sea of black tears.
I'm lost in my anger and bitterness.
You are blind, sometimes uncaring,
But you sit and watch.
My sadness threatens to choke me.
You'll put flowers on my empty grave.
What am I to you?
The remains of a distant memory?
A flashback of the dead past?
A reminder of the present?
An outcast? An expendible friend? A has-been?
Or maybe a hint of the lame weak future?
Will I be the stranger who used to be?
I am a stranger in the land of the familliar,
An alien among people,
The corpse among the living;
Because no one understands.
No one will ever understand the stranger...


No comments:

Post a Comment